DUC COLLEGE OF LEGAL STUDIES
The College of Legal Studies is an an innovative educational community with a belief of preparing students for global leadership in judiciary, academia, business and government.
With a diverse and committed faculty who are not only celebrated in their areas of legal expertise but also have a sincere enthusiasm for providing distinct and challenging professional education to their students. Their passion for teaching can be seen both inside and outside the classroom. The College of Legal Studies faculty is indeed one-of-a-kind community of scholars who take pride in educating the future of the profession with values, accountability, and integrity.
At College of Legal Studies, law is considered as more than just a career choice. It’s a profound force for promoting justice in the world. Each student is prepared to be a unique professional demonstrating the practice of law as service to the society and facilitating the cause of social justice.
After completing this programme, graduates of the program are able to
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the Indian legal system.
- Exhibit proficiency in legal analysis, legal reasoning, and legal practice skills.
- Demonstrate acquaintance and knowledge of the substantive and procedural law.
- Display capability in legal research and written and oral communication in the legal context/regarding legal matters.
- Have ability to draft common legal documents and organise legal analysis and argument.
- A meticulously designed curriculum with contributions from top professionals and academic bodies to nurture industry ready employable workforce.
- A multicultural environment to our students from different nations and continents giving them the opportunity to interact and learn from their peers and to make long term professional associations.
- 100% placement assistance in leading law firms, corporate houses, NGOs, and can also make their career as a Professor / Judge / Law Officers in academics, judicial services & public offices respectively.
- Intra and inter- school academic competitions on a weekly basis. These competitions include moot-court competitions, debate competitions, extempore competitions, legal role play competitions, research paper presentations, Legal Quizzes, etc.
- Guest lectures by eminent personalities from the legal fraternity as well as organise workshops and seminars on a monthly basis along with organising organizing periodical visits to the Parliament, Law Commission of India, Supreme Court of India etc.
- Excellence: Commitment to innovation and continuous learning and to ensure we keep striving for the best outcomes in all facets of life.
- Ethical Conduct: Integrity, fairness, honesty and transparency in all actions.
- Global Outlook: Welcoming and encouraging diverse ideas, beliefs, and cultures.
- Promote Leadership: Believing that leaders create leadership skills in others, thus igniting a virtuous cycle of growth.
- Collaboration and Inclusiveness: Developing a symbiotic community of faculty, students, alumni, industry, government bodies and other Universities/Centers of learning.
- After completion of BA LLB Programme students shall have good knowledge of BA subjects and law subjects. Emphasis has been laid on soft skills development and legal training by mandatory summer internship, participation in moot court competitions, Guest Lectures, Seminars, Visit to- Parliament, Supreme Courts and other Courts, Jail, Juvenile Homes, Police Station etc.
- After completion of the LLB Programme student can enroll as an Advocate, Join Law Firms, Prepare for various competitive examinations including State Judicial Services, Pursue Higher studies, Join LPO / KPO etc.
- Legal Training
- Parliament, Supreme Court, High court, District Court, Jail, Juvenile Homes visits
- Legal Aid Camps
- Workshop on Legal writing
- Guest Lectures
- Moot Courts
- Participation in National / International Conferences/ Seminars
- FDP / Workshop
The subject(s) will be taught through a combination of formal lectures, interactive class discussions, leading case law discussion, home assignment and presentations.